GSTS fixtures are nearly 100 times more efficient than a common air-cooled lighting system.
GSTS offers the most advanced, wholly integrated grow light system in the indoor agriculture industry. Our holistic system approach to indoor agriculture minimizes the energy requirement for lucrative indoor farming.
Our complete solution limits financial risk to those seeking to build cultivation facilities by delivering the most energy efficient lighting and cooling/dehumidification technology paired with advanced monitoring and control.
The global indoor farming market is predicted to experience continuous and substantial growth into the foreseeable future.
There are over 40,000 farms growing crops indoors in the US, producing a market value of $14.8B annually.
The U.S. Cannabis Industry is projected to be a $30 Billion market by 2021
Indoor farming is a $120 Billion global market in 2017
Indoor farms include greenhouses, vertical farms, container farms, and even some home growing systems. While indoor farms may all look and function a bit differently, they all have similar functions and needs.
The indoor agricultural industries’ upward growth trend is based on being able to maintain consistent control of the plant growing environment while protecting crops and yield from the increasingly unpredictable element of nature. This has been ever more apparent in states like California where drought paired with ever increasing temperatures makes outdoor cultivation near impossible.
We are proud to say that our ability to be cost-effective is rooted in our technology’s ability to deliver the most energy efficient indoor grow system available anywhere.
Before GS Thermal Solutions renovated our facility we struggled with large electrical bills coming from our HPS lights used in our grow rooms. The Liquid Cooled LEDs have dramatically reduced costs while boosting our gram/watt average.
After growing with HPS lights for my entire life, I couldn’t believe the range of options on the GSTS-1000 watt fixture! Having wavelength intensity control at my fingertips was truly a new way to grow – welcome to the future!
The GSTS team developed and engineered our entire operation. They optimized our entire facility to take advantage of the energy rebates available from our utility company as well as taking advantage of our on-site geothermal wells to cool the liquid cooled fixtures. The spectral intensity control, the effectiveness of the LEDs, and the safety features of the fixture made working with GS Thermal Solutions the most profitable decision our management team ever made.
Growing on a commercial scale, there is so many variables with the potential to be overlooked, we have to be prepared for everything. As a cultivator, my goal is to make plants grow healthy, strong, and produce as much product as possible. The GSTS system makes this a reality while taking out many of the potential pitfalls that come with growing with systems that don’t offer the same control and safety features that our team has come to depend on.
The greater Los Angeles area was the birthplace of this [cannabis] movement. Out here as growers we’ve seen it all, we’ve done it all, we’ve experienced it all. The GSTS-1000 is a new ball game! They have given us so much more to play with! The control system allows a cultivator to make the most of the knowledge he or she has acquired over the years. The system control makes it so easy to take your plants in and out of veg, have them flower sooner, play with different strains and genetics – it’s the whole package.
Understanding The Costs
There are Three Major Expenses for Indoor Farming
- Lighting Energy – The single largest operating expense for the indoor farming industry is energy for lighting, whether you’re growing vegetables, cannabis or berries.
- Cooling/Dehumidification Energy – The second largest operating expense for the indoor farming industry is the cooling/dehumidification systems used for cooling.
- Labor – The third largest operating expense for the indoor farming industry is human labor.
Currently, light fixtures expel their wasted heat energy into the grow environment forcing grow operations to pay for additional energy to cool down the grow environment.
GSTS’ system solves the three top monetary challenges plaguing the market – We drive operational cost down, limiting investment risk.
The Highest Tech Grow Light on the Market
- Spectrum intensity control to maximize productivity
- Digital control allows growers to customize, store, analyze and share light settings and programs.
- Remote in-line light programming reducing labor and error costs
Last year, Agrilyst completed their annual report on the state of indoor farming. When asked if they thought they could increase yields with better data, 90% of indoor farmers said yes.
- GSTS’ intuitive control software is poised to revolutionize the indoor farming market.
- GSTS gives indoor farmers the capability to investigate, reproduce and replicate grows from the past.
- GSTS’ complete control system puts each lighting fixture in the hands of the farmer allowing for the remote control of growing facilities, rooms or individual rows of crops.
- GSTS’ lighting systems bring a technology revolution rooted in energy efficiency to the indoor farming industry as never before.
- GSTS’ cooling/dehumidification system offers an addition to energy savings to our complete system.
- GSTS’ complete turnkey solution decreases the probability and cost of human error.
Changing the Market
GSTS Increasing Your Bottom Line – drive down operational cost while producing more yield in a shorter harvest cycle
Want to learn more about our lights and indoor grow solutions? We invite you to join us for a digital demonstration.